Wednesday 15 February 2012

Romance Cover of the Week

I can't resist. After all my digging around to find all the second-hand romance novels I remember from my youth, I just can't get over the cover art.

Times have changed, so just for fun I'd like to feature some of the best (in my own humble opinion of course!)  as well as some of the...well...wonderfully bulging, melodramatic, beefed-up, bodice-bursting covers of yester-year!

DISCLAIMER: I am making choices based purely on the cover art - yes, judging the book by the cover. I make no comment on the contents and in no way wish to cause insult or injury to any romance writer who happened to publish in print during the unfortunate years of the '80's and early '90's.

This week's theme: SCOTTISH ROMANCE

Oddly enough, both of these books published in 1993, but one has been savvy and created an updated cover for what looks like a re-released eBook version of the original book.


Best…
I really like the artwork and font choice for this one – I would be tempted to pick it up and have a read. Not in its 1993 cover though!



Slightly cringe-worthy…
And the winner is…Scottish Ecstasy!
Is it just me, or does he look a bit like Joey from ‘Friends’?

(if you can't see the pics properly, I do apologise - blogger and me are having slight differences of opinion today)

No comments:

Post a Comment